Saturday, July 23, 2011

Man Proposes, God Disposes.

When people plan on something, either it is big or small, only with God's will, will the plan(s) come to pass and succeed. In other word, 'Man Proposes, God Disposes.' 

Alhamdulillah. Praise to Allah for His kindness and blessing on my dear small birthday. Yes. Finally I stepped into the reign of my final teen years, as what my friend told me. However, I didn't know that 19 is still considered  adolescent because I was really excited to be called as an adult. Teenage years is overrated and I have enough being treated as a child for the past 18 years of my life. I planned on stepping my 19-years-old tittle with grace and aptitude but I am not quite sure I did a good impression on it. I feel the same and I talk with same style which clearly showed that I have not mastered a sufficient amount of sophisticated vocabularies. My actions always sway with certain child-like poise and I smiled with the same goofy grin that will look awful in photographs. I am still me and I feel no different. I think. 

Anyway, the title for this particular post is really significant to me. Remember that I was planning to embrace my 19th birthday with grace, right? So, a day before my birthday, I drove all the way from my university to come home to ask for my mother's assistance in helping me to make my personal birthday cake. It was just a simple 'Kek Batik' but the cake-making-process was intense since it was my first time learning the recipes. My hand was stained with spilled-hot chocolate and my nightshirt is smeared with biscuits' crumbs and Milo powder but with A LOT of help from my doted mother, the final result was surprisingly wonderful. WE did a tremendous job and finished it within a  limit of 1 hour before putting the cake into the fridge to cool off.

I was planning to give the cake to my classmates to taste so I woke up at 5 o'clock in the morning just to cut the cake into small-but-irregular cubic pieces. To cut 'Kek Batik' take a lot patience, strength and precision. The cake was hard as ice, fresh and cold from the refrigerator and  if you don't concentrate, the knife might slid off the hard-stone surface and cut your finger instead. I am no expert and that is why I talking gibberish about my first experience as a novice 'Kek Batik' maker. However, the cake was acceptably delicious and I should give myself a pat on the shoulder for my earnest efforts. Alhamdulillah, a satisfying first attempt.

It was Friday and it was already 6 hours away from my Birthday Eve. After managing to take a short shower, I prepared myself to drive back to the hostel around 6:20 A.M. Thankfully, I succeeded on avoiding the traffic and arrived at my university around seven but I was hit by a splash of cold water when I received a message that all classes were cancelled due to a seminar in session. "Astarghfirullah! I have a huge food container full of 'kek Batik' in my car boot and there were no one to serve it to." The university is too big to call them out from their dorms and with my luck, the morning turn from bad to worst when it started to rain cats and dogs. I panicked.  How am I expect to gather all my classmates? I need to think of a plan and fast! 


Now, to gather all of them was not an easy task but lets just said that I sacrificed my phone bills to call all of my classmates to meet me up for a meeting.  It was a small gathering but I couldn't asked for more. I served the cake and I couldn't be much happier to hear sweet and encouraging praises from my friends. Showers of birthday wishes were sprinkled on me like endless commentators from a deejay of a popular radio stations and I couldn't stop myself grinning from ear to ear like a girl who just found out that Hogwarts and Harry Potter really do exists. My birthday was ordinary as it can be, despite the slight problems here and there. I was given the opportunity to celebrate it with my friends and it was enough to make my day. My effort didn't go to waste and I have Allah to thank for. Surely without His consent, I might have no chance to let my friends have a taste of the cake at all. Sure, He gave me various obstacles along the way such as the sudden event like the seminar and the pouring rain, but if all the things that I want was given to me in a silver platter,  how am I suppose to learn anything about life? The experience taught me to be stronger and it also showed me my own capabilities and wills to strive for my ambition. I can extend my feet to the farthest land on Earth if I want to but it takes precision action and iron will to ensure its' success.  

No comments:

Post a Comment